If you’ve never done aqua yoga, you might be wondering what are the benefits compared to land yoga or other aquatic disciplines? Is aqua yoga all about the stretch? Is the meditation the same? Does it get your heart rate up with a soundtrack?
I did a webinar recently that covered this topic that included 29 benefits. What are the benefits of aqua yoga that I discussed?
- Increases your flexibility
- Changes your gene activity
- Improves your executive functions skills
- Improves your resilience
- Reduces swelling
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Increases range of motion in your joints
- Improves exercise adherence
- You can exercise without overheating
- It provides social Engagement.
- It increases breath capacity
- Reduces pain
- Enhances your memory
- Slows aging
- Improves your mood
- Better Body Awareness
- Creates better overall health
- Builds strength
- Provides balanced muscular effort
- Reduces chronic inflammation
- Reduces stress
- Promotes better stress management
- Improves your balance
- Increases your self-confidence
- Improves your posture
- Increases postural control
- Improves your ability to stay grounded
- Improves your neuroplasticity
- It reduces fall risk
You could say aqua yoga combines the best of both yoga and aquatics.
In the video, I discuss how aqua yoga provides these benefits, and the scientific research that supports these ideas.
If you’d like to watch the video, subscribe to my email list. After subscribing, the thank you page shows the full 45-minute video.
If you’d like more information about the benefits of aqua yoga for specific conditions or reasons, read these articles I wrote: